August 17, 2010

The Lollipop Ladies Challenge #2



It's time for another sweet challenge over at The Lollipop Ladies and this fortnight we have this deliciously yummy cupcake with lots of icing for you to be inspired to create anything you like. The bonus challenge is ruffles.


Here's my take on this weeks challenge for The Lollipop Ladies.






You're probably wondering how on earth did I come up with this from that gorgeous cupcake, and I did not even use any pink which is my favourite colour. Well, the cupcake got me thinking about cooking as I love to bake and so made this recipe folder to hold all my favourite recipes. I altered a brag book so that the recipe cards can be slotted inside the plastic sleeves and be protected while you are cooking.

I used We R Memory Keepers Comstock Collection. They were perfect for this and have that old fashioned kitchen/vintage feel to them. The chipboard elements are from the same set which is what sold me to use them. I love the 'sugar and spice sprinkled with love' perfect for a recipe collection. I have used a Martha Stewart punch Modern Garland and ruffled ribbon for the bonus ruffle element of the challenge.

I distressed and inked the edges of the papers and made the recipe cards to match which fit inside the photo sleeves perfectly.

Please go on over to The Lollipop Ladies and check out the rest of the design teams fabulous creations.
It was great to see your sweet creations last fortnight and I look forward to your wonderful delights this week.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking.
Mel xxx

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful creation Mel - love your take on this inspiration - love the colours and the distressing - great work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Mel. I love it. i get where you got the inspiration from. Great take on the challenge.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Mel. Great idea. I soooo want one for myself. Maybe one day I can make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Another amazing one! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it. Whilst I know you would like to see your comment right now, in order to prevent unwanted advertising and spam, your comment needs to be authorised before it will show. Thanks for understanding and hope you visit me again.