August 06, 2010

The Color Room Palette #17

Happy Friday!
I have been wanting to take on the weekly challenge over at The Color Room for a while now and have always run out of time. This week I managed to give it a go.
So here is the palette:


I must say it took me about four goes to achieve a layout I liked last night. This was definitely one tough challenge. In the end I am happy with the final result.



I used stamps and punches for this layout and one rub-on. I can't believe I didn't use any patterned paper on my page. Pretty much unheard of for me.

For a simple looking page it took me way longer to complete than I expected.
I must admit I find colour challenges much harder than sketch ones.

Have a fabulous Friday and thanks for looking.
Mel xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. this is gorgeous darling. You have inspired me to get back in to my scrapbooking which I neglected for a long time. Thanks for the push.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog recently and for leaving such a lovely comment.

    I have to say that I am very fond of TCR myself and have found myself doing a bit of stash stomping with the colour challenges

    Your layout is wonderful.. the combination of stamping and butterflies is just so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is stunning Mel... no need for Patterned paper here! Love the stamping and butterflies! So pretty!! Cute photos too!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it. Whilst I know you would like to see your comment right now, in order to prevent unwanted advertising and spam, your comment needs to be authorised before it will show. Thanks for understanding and hope you visit me again.