July 18, 2011

Fabric Flair??

Well, I don't know about that but I did have lots of fun playing with metres of bright fabric.
I made this board for our Churches Kids Room to peg their work up and display.
It was originally a large canvas bought from the Reject Shop. I have covered it with some bright fabric in three different colours and patterns to make it a colourful and bright addition to the room. As I covered it I wanted to add texture and dimension so I pleated and puckered the material to give it more interest.






Sorry the photos are not the best.
I used my MFT Star Die-namic to create the felt stars and then added the ribbon so that the children's work can be pegged up.
We used it last week and it works marvellously. So much easier and nicer than having their work piled on the floor or desk.
It was also nice to do something crafty that was not paper related.

Thanks for looking.
Mel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it. Whilst I know you would like to see your comment right now, in order to prevent unwanted advertising and spam, your comment needs to be authorised before it will show. Thanks for understanding and hope you visit me again.