February 23, 2011

So Good To Be Scrapping: Get Picky Sketch Challenge #5

Wow, it feels so good to be scrapping again. The last time I sat down to do a page was back in October 2010, the very first Get Picky sketch challenge. How bad is that. I must admit with such a long break it was really daunting to get back into it, but once I got into the swing of it I thoroughly enjoyed putting this layout together.




My interpretation. I flipped the sketch on it's side and changed a few things around, but the basis of the sketch is there.


The handmade banner my lovely friend Marcia made for me. I just added the flowers to it.

I loved this sketch and it was so much fun playing around with these Echo park 'Summertime' papers. I am such a fan of Echo Park. I also played with Glimmermist for the first time ever and had so much fun. I love the effect it gives and the beautiful shimmer it leaves. I'm sure you will see many more pages with Glimmermist on them.

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Wednesday.
Take care,
Mel xxx

8 comments:

  1. Yey, welcome back to scrap land. This looks great. Love your clouds and misting and yep, the banner looks awesome. Great take on the sketch and hope we see many more LOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a happy little miss in the photos. Great work with the sketch. You are giving me inspiration to scrap.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my breath caught when I saw this page! I LOVE that you turned it on it's side, it works so very well! Beautifully scrapped, those pics are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is fab, Mel! The photos of Renee are so cute and I love the banner and clouds! Love this range from Echo Park too. Thanks for joining in on our sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are brilliant photos and you've scrapped them just perfectly - love that banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout, love the cheery and happy color combo, interesting details too, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Mel, it came out so good! You rocked pplacing that banner on there like that and the title just cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic work as always! Love the design, color combo and layering. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it. Whilst I know you would like to see your comment right now, in order to prevent unwanted advertising and spam, your comment needs to be authorised before it will show. Thanks for understanding and hope you visit me again.