February 07, 2009

Birthday card for Brother-in-law


A few of my friends got together and ordered a whole lot of Bellas and Fellas recently and they finally arrived, so I got to have a little play. I made this card for my Brother-in-laws birthday. Thought it quite appropriate as he loves to bbq. The colours are probably a bit dark as you lose the detail. Next time I will choose slightly lighter colours or try colouring using my watercolour crayons for as softer effect.

The image is Grillafella from the stamping bella range. I have wanted to get my hands on these stamps for a year now and finally have some. Very exciting. Let's be honest - any stamp set or anything to do with craft and stamping is awesome.

I used Stanpin Up© cardstock and markers in So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Night of Navy and Bordering Blue. The fella is stamped onto watercolour card with Stazon.
I stamped the sentiment onto twill tape with Bravo Burgundy ink.

Thanks for visiting
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they have seen ink! Very nicely done. I love all the paper tearing.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it. Whilst I know you would like to see your comment right now, in order to prevent unwanted advertising and spam, your comment needs to be authorised before it will show. Thanks for understanding and hope you visit me again.